SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #484

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Wed Dec 17 15:11:10 PST 1997

Well, get a few ponies. Put bits of one under saddles on the rest.
Eventually it will be ready to eat. (That's what I knew about them when I
was seven or eight. Then I learned that Genghis Khan made a few conquests)

There are a few Mongolian restuarants in melbourne, all working on the
same principle. Get some meat sliced thin, some veges, and some sauces.
Put it all on a round hotplate - like a Giant crepe pan, or a shield on a
fire, stir it a bit, flick it into the bowl and eat. Repeat until motionless.

They (the restarateurs) say it is a tradition stretching back to the days
of the great Khan. That's about as much as I know though. (Unless you
count Steak Tartare ;)

Charles Ragnar (What's a Mongol Cossack and Hun ?????)