SC - Cossacks, Mongols,

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Thu Dec 18 08:57:21 PST 1997

                      RE>>SC - Cossacks, Mongols, and Huns..OhÉ    12/18/97

<snip> You could eat this with wheat flour cakes (bao bing in Mandarin, kinda
like flat, thin, biscuits,cooked in a frying pan or griddle, with or without a
garnish of sesameseeds), or the kind of wheat pancakes usually eaten with Mu
Xi pork in Chinese restaurants, rather like wheat flour tortillas. Or, in a
pinch,
<snip>

When I had "mongolian" bbq, it was served with wrappers that started out as
large, translucent brittle inflexible sheets of some rice-flour concoction.
These were dipped into hot water which turned them into flexible, slightly
elastic wrappers, slightly similar to freshly made "mu-shu" wrappers, or the
soft wrappers that thai food sometimes uses for things.  I think you can get
them in asian markets...
- -brid