Guinea Pig (was: SC - documentation--RANT and question)

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Dec 18 16:20:34 PST 1997

<< But you are missing the "cute and cuddly pet" factor. Not that I've ever
 seen the problem.

This is the objection that was brought up by the Betty Crocker cooks on the
food lore list. Who really cares? I like horsemeat to and there are people
offended by that idea, as there are dog and cat lovers who object to those
particular delicacies. As far as  cute and cuddly goes, I am of the opinion
that the more they're cuddled the tenderer and tastier they are.

To proscribe conversation about a particular food item because Americans in
their tiny little corner of the world  with their odd culture and  bizaare
social taboos find the idea of eating their common pets objectionable is to be
frank totally ludicrous. The WWW is global and American culture and
sensibilities irrelevant  More importantly, research and study of any subject
should never , under any circumstances, become taboo merely because a few
small minded individuals think it is objectionable.

Once I get the information I need to re-create such a dish, I fully intend to
prepare and eat it even if means buying Little Johnnie's cute and cuddly for
use in the stew pot........ah, the memories...I now recall a certain rabbit
which weighed in at 12 lbs. dressed...Bunny I think the girl  that I bought it
from had told me was it's name......<sigh, the memory of feasts past......>

Off the soap box.

al-Sayyid Ras al-Zib