SC - Food reactions-Not allergy related

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 15:12:10 PST 1997

<< cooked apples make my champion upchuck-some arcane allergic reaction to
 them warm, he can eat applesauce and raw apples, but not warm chunks or
 warm sauce. go figure...
 margali >>

I don't belive this is an allergic reaction per se as I have the same
reaction when I smell, let alone taste potato salad. I also go into instant
up-chuck mode and lengthy dry heaves if I am unluicky enough to bite into a
half-cooked onion.

As I have shared with the list before, NO OTHER FOOD items give me this
reaction. And to this day, no one has been able to explain the rebellion my
body and olfactory shows to these foods. The worst part is that I will never
know if I like them or not because I have never benn able to eat them. :-(

On a more humorous note, I have been told that I make a potato salad that is
to die for. When preparing it, I literally run from the kitchen , take a deep
breath, run back in, stir, chop or whatever until I can't hold my breath any
longer only to rush out and repeat the process. Needless to say I have never
tasted my own potato sald. :-(

Ras