Egg-Wine sauce for pies...was SC - hollandaise sauce

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Dec 3 07:49:48 PST 1997

Michael F. Gunter wrote:

> But I'm wondering about something you mentioned a while back about adding
> beaten eggs and wine to a venison pie. I believe you did say that this was
> fairly late period and not medieval but I'm hoping it is still in period.
> If so, could you please let me know the source and recipe? I would like to
> try this since it sounds wonderful.

Turns out I was mistaken. The egg-and-wine sauce went into a rabbit pie,
as per Elinor Fettiplace's Receipt Book. I'll try to post the recipe
tonight, if you're still interested. I imagine it would work well for
venison, too.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...it's been a constant battle to
keep up on correspondence. I think I see that earlier message of yours
WAAAAAYYY up near the top of the Inbox...;  )

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com