SC - Phlip's Feast- Long Post

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Wed Dec 3 14:26:27 PST 1997

Actually, it went rather well. My ex came down, and we started with fresh
vegetables, (carrots, spring onions, radishes, celery and Hot (for me),
sweet (for him) peppers with Marzetti's Southwestern Ranch Veggie(GOD, I
hate that word) Dip, which I had wanted to try, and now Know how to
make-better, Mushrooms stuffed with clams, Wild Rice and Shallots and
Romano Cheese,and Angelique's Ruby Red Quail Eggs. We nibbled on that until
he was rested enough to eat Dinner, and I served him Quail, marinated in
Brandy, stuffed with Wild Rice, Mushrooms and Shallots, with my
Stepmother's Vegetable Salad (Packaged mixed vegetables-corn, carrots,
peas, and green beans- with fresh chopped onions, brocoli florets, and
cauliflower florets, marinated overnight in Italian dressing, drained, and
mixed with 50/50 sour cream and mayonnaise with a bit of prepared mustard,
just to dampen, not to make soggy), and some "Homemade Fresh Cranberry
Sauce" -quite good- from my local grocery, and Breadsticks, his request,
with garlic butter and Romano Cheese, served with a Burguny wine,(I know, I
know, but I don't LIKE most white or rose wines) We then took a short break
and finished up with Cheese ( Colby, White Cheddar, and Hot Pepper, all
Amish made), nuts (Almonds and Filberts(which my Gandfather helped to
develop)) and fresh fruit- Grapes, Pears and Tangerines. We also had home
ground Coffee- French Roast- and Brandy.

Can you tell I like to use up my ingredients? The meal went well, and was
easy to put out without overmuch hassle. Most I either set up the day
before or that morning and had ready to go when it was time to cook or
serve. Unfotunately, I couldn't try the quail recipes the one gentleman had
suggested because my computer glitched, and I lost all my e-mail, again.
Adamantius gave me a couple, but it was too late to try them. Angelique's
green beans vanished for the same reason. If those gentles would repost,
privately, I'd be very grateful.

Overall, if I were doing it again, I'd do the quail at a higher temperature
for a shorter period of time. I think I over-cooked them a bit because I
was looking for them to brown.

Phlip,
Still cheerfully munching on leftovers.

phlip at morganco.net