SC - a short "feast"

jeffrey s heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Sun Dec 7 12:17:08 PST 1997

Since we have been posting, I threw together three items last night for
the Baronial holiday party.  Two are from "Ein Buch von guter speise" and
one was sent to me via Charles Ragnar, which I heard passages read from
the Christian Bible that had more or less the same recipie.  Along those
lines, I am desperately trying to get a hold of one Alia Atlas, a SCAdian
at MIT to get her go ahead to use these recipies at my dessert feast.  I
emailed her about a week ago... Anyone know anything about her?  If you
would like the recipies for any of this let me know.  The tart was out of
this world.  In fact, I used the filling recipie on some waffles I had for
breakfast.

Biblical Era:
Angel food (served traditionally, though at home I made a "cheesecake" out
of it that was fantastic)

Germany mid 14th century:
Crispy pear and apple french toast sandwhiches (I'll spare you the German)
Apple and Walnut tart

Your servant,
Bogdan din Brasov

ps.  It seems as if the Cracknels sound like Matzoh Balls.  If you do make
them, hover over the pot, and grab them as soon as they start to float.
>From personal experience at too many seders, no one likes a dense matzoh
ball.