SC - Yule cooking

S.Albert salbert at polarnet.com
Mon Dec 8 20:47:15 PST 1997

Greetings:

Thoroughly inspired since joining this list recently, I tried three new
recipes for our small Yule potluck feast (and lunch) yesterday. From To The
Queen's Taste, I made one of the meatball recipes (I'd give the exact
citation, but my cookbooks are still waiting to be unpacked); from Pleyn
Delite, a chicken in orange sauce; and from Master Cariadoc's Miscellany,
the cheese sauce that was discussed recently -- both broiled on toast with
the lunch stew and added to steamed broccoli with the dinner. Not one
morsel remained to be taken home (drat it), and the chicken won 'fowl in
any mode.'

So much for the myth that medieval cooking tastes bad. Even the many
newcomers in our group wanted the recipes, especially the cheese sauce!

Cheers,

Morgana

Morgana yr Oerfa, Baroness      *     Sharron Albert
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West       *     salbert at polarnet.com
Per saltire gules and sable,    *     Babylon 5/science fiction
in pale two mullets and         *     (astrology/tarot)
in fess an increscent           *     Back up my hard drive? How do I put
and a decrescent argent.        *          it in reverse?