SC - Castration - OT (phew!)

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Tue Dec 9 15:23:27 PST 1997

Somebody wrote about the rubber band method. It is quite common in
sheep-farming, both for castration and docking tails (Does Footrot Flats
sell in America?) But there is a permanent disagreement over which is the
more humane method. Me I lean towards the knife - the rubber band stays
there for a goodly while, and it seems to me to cater for squeamish
farmers rather than unhappy animals.

Charles