SC - Why "Request for documentation" is a bad subject title

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Wed Dec 10 04:14:36 PST 1997

On the contrary. I think that the usage should be changed, so it is
common to assume that a request for documentation is simply that, rather
than an attempt to justify my lycra scabbard.

One of the things that disturbed me a bit when I first started reading
this list was the cavalier attitude to doing things in a period way. I am
often guilty of anachronism in the activity I call re-enactment, but I
regard it as one of the major sins, with ignorance or (far more rarely)
lack of resources _sometimes_ being a mitigating factor. (But then, I am
guilty of other things I regard as pretty bad too. Not being perfect is
no excuse to aspire only to mediocrity.

Charles/Ragnar (On reflection I think I'd pay 2c to be allowed to say this)