SC - OT - Omaha Steaks anomaly

Philip & Susan Troy troy at spambegone.asan.com
Wed Dec 10 15:25:24 PST 1997

Alderton, Philippa wrote:

> I don't know, Adamantius. I just got one when I bought a magazine; I was
> thinking they might grow on trees. Looking at one of my biology books under
> parasites, however, I noticed that they fit some of the criteria (by
> elimination) for fungi- neither animate nor chlorophyl-producing, no
> obvious reproduction method, no known symbiotic function, etc.

I do realize what you mean, but at first I thought you meant
"elimination" in a sort of parasitic sense, like the cuckoo who
supposedly throws the hatchlings of other birds out of the nest to die,
substituting its own chicks. Clearly AOL disks cannot reproduce
independently: perhaps thay are more akin to--dare I say it?--virii?
After all, they won't stop their attacks on competing organisms until
all other life forms are destroyed, other than their hosts, of course.

Luckily I have an effective vaccine/antitoxin: I just reformat them. I
save more money on floppies that way... .

 I'd suggest
> cooking one up and feeding it to a member of AOL Corporation, to see if
> they're edible fungi, but not only do beasts of that sort eat things not
> digestible by humans, but I think they're OOP- unless anybody on the list
> has a period recipe using similar ingredients we might try? THAT would make
> an interesting redaction! Cariadoc, anything in your Miscelleny? Or Stefan,
> your Florigellium?

I'll check Curye on Inglysch for a recipe for to makken 6e Leeches 6at
do succke at 6y braine...that would be the little pests, eh?

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at spambegone.asan.com

Sentient beings should remove the "spambegone." portion of our address
before replying.