SC - OT - Omaha Steaks anomaly

Gedney, Jeff Gedney at executone.com
Mon Dec 15 05:35:22 PST 1997

> Subject: Re: Re[2]: SC - OT - Omaha Steaks anomaly

> << We have successfully reformatted many of the ones we have received.
>
>  Mercedes >>
>
> How does one reformat CD-roms? I have done so with the multitude of
> floppies I
> recieve and friends give me from AOL but was unaware that CD's could
> be so
> treated without extraordinarily expensive wquipmwnt.
>
> Ras

Ras, I regularly and cheaply reformat them for reuse. They make
wonderful coasters, tops, Christmas ornaments, air hockey pucks, and toy
hovercraft.  (Yes hovercraft --- you need an empty thread spool, and a
balloon. -- glue one end of the spool over the central opening, and
stretch the neck of the inflated balloon over the free end of the spoon
Keeping the air in the balloon by pinching or twisting the neck closed..
Do not over inflate the balloon, however, unless you weight the
hovercraft with a nickel or two.  Put it down on a flat surface and let
go!!)

As for data storage, Phone messages can stored on the disk with a dry
erase pen!

Happy re-use!!

Brandu