SC - novice requests - longish

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Mon Dec 15 17:48:49 PST 1997

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, kappler wrote:
> Why SURE
>
> 1.  I'm trying to expand my library and my mind, give me a massive list of
> books.
>
> 2.  Y'all have fun with a new/old thread on mead, I'm looking for a good
> recipe other than mix honey w/ water and yeast, go away for 11 months.
>
> HOWZAT? Puck
Sorry, definitely pitched outside leg, probably going past the off stump.

But...
I have a book called _Making Mead_ (or something like that). Try adding
herbs, fruit juices and magical incantations to your mead. And if you use
Eucalyptus honey, you need to wait about ten years. ( I haven't done it,
but I know a couple of VERY good (but a little secretive, and highly
computer-phobic) meadmakers)

You can also use malt in mead (or honey in beer) to give a really good
flavour. Again, give it lots of time.

Charles Ragnar
(I'll look throughmy books when I get home)