SC - documentation--RANT and question

margali margali at 99main.com
Tue Dec 16 09:11:12 PST 1997

> A while ago, Discovery Channel had a program on, and I think they were
>
> talking about doing them up in clay with local herbs and roasting them
> as
> part of a larger feast. Try www.discovery.com, and maybe they can
> help. If
> I remember, the program was on the habits and ecological interaction
> of
> native peoples rather than guinea pigs, but you can always ask on
> their
> e-mail.
>
> phlip

I was under the impression, having been an avid amature
archeo/anthropologist that one of the main cooking formats of the common
inca was stewing rather than roasting. There have been a number of
articles on various digs in Archeology Magazine in the mid 80's. Mine
are stashed in the arn, but you might be able to access something on
line from them.margali
ps- they used to freeze dry potato slices, so Betty Crocker dried sliced
potatos like what you find in the au gratin boxes are period, lol