SC - novice questions part ii

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Dec 18 06:59:47 PST 1997

Puck asked:

>Oh, I forgot, I have a copy of Pleyn Delit by Hieatt, Hosington and Butler,
>any comments as to its value?

In a post just previous to this one, you mentioned visiting my Florilegium
site. I’m glad you have found it useful. Have you looked at the files in
the FOOD section?

These files in that section might help you evaluate some of the Medieval
cookbooks around.

cookbooks-bib     (32K)  4/21/97    Cookbook bibliography by Jaelle of Armida.
cookbooks2-bib    (14K) 10/ 3/97    Cookbook bibliography by Stephen Bloch.
cookbooks-msg    (126K) 12/ 9/96    Reviews of cookbooks with medieval recipes.
cooking-bib       (14K)  1/24/95    Bibliography on cooking sources.

I happen to like Pleyn Delit, although even as a newbie cook, I question
some of the food choices in the redactions.

In your earlier post, you mentioned various gifts but I don’t remember you
asking a question. For some SCA type gifts you might want to look at this
file in the SCA-INC section:

largess-ideas-msg (46K) 10/15/97    Ideas for largess and gifts. Royalty gifts.

I think some of the gift suggestions in this file could easily be adapted
to the what I think you have in mind or if not, perhaps they will suggest
some other ideas.

Stefan li Rous
RSVE60 at email.sps.mot.com