SC - Greetings!

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Dec 18 14:22:09 PST 1997

Isabelle de Foix wrote:

>.. . Anyway--does
>anyone know how to make sourdough or clarified butter? I have two
>bread recipes, and one calls for ghee and another one calls for
>sourdough. Merci beaucoup!

 I notice people have already answered about ghee and how to make
sourdough; an alternative to trying to make your own sourdough starter is
to find someone in your area who has a starter and ask for a bit of it.
Once you have it, keep it in the refrigerator and feed it periodically with
flour and water as Bear described.

I conclude from the ingredients you ask about that you are getting your
recipes from the Miscellany.  Check out the Rastons recipe from the same
source (in the Desserts, etc. section with the cakes and pastries); it is a
fancy bread.

Elizabeth of Dendermonde/Betty Cook