SC - Lamb!!! (and kids)

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Dec 19 08:35:57 PST 1997

> Lamb is usually imported from Colorado or New Zealand.  Currently lamb
> is high dollar, going for $3.50 U.S. a pound in the local markets and is
> even higher in Witchita, KS.

There was a lot of lamb served in Ansteorra last year since Mahaddi was
King. For his Coronation I did an Islamic lamb stew (Jazzaryah). Also I
did a "Bedouin" style feast when he was Champion of Black Oak Keep with
leg of lamb.

I got the leg of lamb at a local Middle Eastern grocery for $.99 a pound.
The lamb for the stew we got diced into stew meat for (I think) around
$4 a pound from the local Super 1.

> Goat can be had, if you know a farmer who raises them.  The only event I
> know it was served at was the 1st 2nd Annual Wolfstar Tourney, slow
> grilled over the fire.

Black Oak Keep served roasted goat for Queen Rowan at her last Queen's
Champion. She said she would eat it as long as it no  longer resembled
anything that had been alive. The goat was totally consumed so I guess
even the fancy-pants swashers liked it. :-{)}

I personally would love to serve more goat, lamb, and mutton. But I'm
taking chances with roast pork here in Texas. Slowly we'll change them.

> Bear

Yers,

Gunthar