SC - There are no old world grapes.

Daniel Serra lzu97ds at reading.ac.uk
Sat Dec 20 13:31:00 PST 1997

But there are some somewhere.

This is true for the main industry of wine .....almost all stock was
replaced  by American root stocks....but to my knowledge not all. I have
heard of a small wine producer in Italy  who uses grapes that are
descendant ( oe so it is belived) from roman grapes. The grape is Coda di
Volpe (or something similar), which is suppposed to mean  fox-tail. The
foxtail was also how pliny (once more I am not sure if it was him  or
someone like Cato)

I do not know if this claim is true...but if anyone is interested in
reserching it further the wineproducer is Mastroberardino  from the area
close to Vesuvio

Daniel Serra