SC - saffron-VERY LONG

DianaFiona DianaFiona at aol.com
Sat Dec 20 22:41:33 PST 1997

<<
 Thanks for the info, will add the reference to my list of books to buy.  In
 the mean time, what can you tell me about growing it?

 I hope such questions will not be considered off topic and flamed.  One of
 the main reasons for my recent purchase of Puck's Glen was that, as much as
 I love cooking and brewing (and distilling if Brandu ever lets us), I love
 the growing of fresh herbs, veggies, meats etc to use in said cooking even
 more.  Who knows, in a few years the cooks list may be able to turn to
 Puck's Glen for hard to find or quality ingredients if I can learn enough.

 Hopefully soon to be
 In service, Puck

      Ah, a man after my own heart! Wish my lord shared my love of gardening,
but then, he wishes I shared his love of Ham radio............. ;-) Anyway,
check out the current issue of Kitchen Garden. There is an article there on
saffron's use by the Penn. Dutch community, as Ras mentioned, plus growing
directions and recipes. It is said to be very easy to grow, but growing (and
harvesting!) large enough quantities to use in feasts would be a rather
daunting task........ Not to mention taking a fair chunk of land! Just how big
*is* this glen of yours, anyway? ;-)

     Ldy Diana