SC - saffron - OT

kappler kappler at edgenet.net
Mon Dec 22 19:57:53 PST 1997

<snip>
> smaller for me, but since we had such problems he would sell it to me for
> $57.00.  Mind you this is good fresh saffron.

I know that's a good price, but it's so hard to view it as such when I was
buying it at $4 or 5 an ounce when in Bahrain.  Somehow I'd rather pay
extra or grow  my own than go back to the Gulf though.

> BTW this guy is also ordering in truffles from Europe by special order.  I
> think I am in heaven.
>
> Murkial

Oh, truffles, YUMM!  Herself made truffles yesterday for friends at work.
At first we (me and the smalls) were told there weren't any for us, but she
miscounted.  They were as good as the ones we used to get in Scotland and
San Francisco.

Think I'll have another, Puck