SC - foxy taste defined-sort of

CorwynWdwd CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 01:03:20 PST 1997

> Most wine enthusiasts view it as a decidedly negative characteristic if it
is
>  detected. Its presence in a European style wine indicates that the wine was
>  extended with wine made from one of the American grape varieties.

>  Lest I be accused of being a wine bore, let me state here that wines from
>  American varieties can not be compared to others. One cannot , for
instance,
>  compare Concord wine to Cabernat Sauvignon and declare one better than the
>  other. One can compare Concord to Concord and Cabernet to Cabernet, etc.

I THINK I finally understand, and I don't think you are a wine bore... The
European "experts" (read snobs) who probably set up the standards on the other
hand...

Maybe someday I'll get to share my Scuppernog with you, although you might not
care for any foxy notes in it, (which have been lessened over the several
years of aging) I think I have a keeper. I also wouldn't compare it to other
Scupps I've tasted, which are frankly too sweet.. A personal preference. Dry,
yet fruity, it goes well with the rich food of it's native Southeast. Of
course... I only have a few bottles left : (...

Corwyn