SC - My Profile

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Sun Dec 28 18:08:39 PST 1997

On Sun, 28 Dec 1997, Mordonnade wrote:

> In a message dated 97-12-28 19:17:12 EST, I wrote about a brick oven.
>
> Okay, now how do I get the darn thing to War, granted I do only live 15 miles
> from Estrella.  My War Wagon is large and sturdy, but I don't think she would
> be up to this task.  And I don't think the park officials would appreciate me
> building a brick building on site.

Actually, IF you are prepared to take the trouble, you may find it is the
sort of thing which they do allow people to do. (Park people are funny
like that - it would after all be an educative community resource, not
dangerous if properly constructed, ...)

> hehehe
>
> Actually, I do own a couple of Dutch Ovens, but the way I learned to bake in
> them is to bury them on a bed of coals, and all the sites out here frown upon
> fires not raised above the ground.

My standard solution is to get half a four-gallon drum (yep - they're
useful things) raised above ground, and light a fire in it. (This is a
feature of any proper picket line anyway) Then put the dutch oven inside,
and cover with coals....

Charles Ragnar