Baking (was: SC - My Profile)

Par Leijonhufvud pkl at absaroka.obgyn.ks.se
Sun Dec 28 21:44:33 PST 1997

Why not do the (early) period thing: bake on a skillet? I've baked cakes
of yeast or sourdough bread on what to most extents is equivalent to the
many long-handeled skillets found in Viking contexts. No big, fluffy
loaves, but still good bread. Of your crowd would go for unleavened
bread this is alos quite possible.

Or use a flat rock, with the fire underneath. I've been part of a
project making bread for 50+ on a large flat rock (took us half a day or
so for 4" cakes of unleaved (mostly) barley bread ...)

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
PGP fingerprint = 76 3B 11 28 79 39 87 C0  DC 4C 1F 4C C0 1F 1E 89
/earth is 98% full. Please remove any excess inhabitants.