SC - Re: Mead notes

Crystal A. Isaac crystal at pdr-is.com
Mon Dec 29 08:55:55 PST 1997

An excellent description of small mead. However, a little point: many
people are allergic to sulfites. If you use them, please add that fact
to your labels. If you are allergic to Sulfites, please do NOT simply
skip the sanitization step, use another agent such as unscented
household bleach (a teaspoon per gallon of water and wait 30 minutes -
and don't let any get into your mead) or Iodophor (a tablespoon per five
gallons of water and wait 3 minutes - really don't let any into your
mead). Sanitization is where you place *everything* that is going to
touch the mead after it is boiled in a sanitizing solution. I fill my
bucket-style fermentation vessel with water and sanitizer; then place
the lid, fermentation lock, and rubber stopper in it. Making mead is
easy and fun, the challenging part is keeping everything clean and
sanitized.

Crystal of the Westermark
(mka Crystal A. Isaac)

Ania, also known as John and Barbara Enloe wrote:
> Dear Puck:
>         Per your request, here's our recipe for small mead.
snippings and clippings says Gurgi.