SC - Onion soup

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Mon Dec 29 17:48:03 PST 1997

Thanks, Kat,

I agree with you- I eat very little salt and I resent food that has been
salted as a compensation for poor spicing strategies. Most French-onion
soup I've seen lately is over-salted beef stock (read commercial bouillion
cubes) with an occasional onion topped with Kraft parmesan cheese food and
soggy croutons and placed under the broiler, theoreticly, I think, to toast
the bread and cheese, but really, I suspect to hide the mess beneath. I'll
try yours and that of the other gentle who posted me a recipe this week.

Now, since you folks have suckered me into spending all my non-disposable
cash at the semi-local Chinese grocery, and the lady there is turning me on
to unusual foods, does anybody out there have a recipe, preferably period,
for Black Chicken Soup?

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,