SC - Re: Mead notes

Tyrca Tyrca at aol.com
Tue Dec 30 15:59:51 PST 1997

<<
 Just a quick addendum -- Please Do Not Use Bleach -- It Does Leave A taste
 In the Bottle.

                   Jon >>

I would have to disagree.  I wash my bottles in the dishwasher, to get them
hot, and then set them on the counter waiting to be filled, and fill them with
bleach water.  I let them sit like that for a couple of hours, (or overnight)
and let the chlorine evaporate into the air.  Then, when I am ready to bottle,
I dump out one at a time, and fill with mead.  I have never had a problem with
residule chlorine.  Maybe you are making your solution too strong.  It only
needs a couple of tbs per gallon.

Tyrca