SC - Evil apples

Rodney K Zeigler zeig0006 at tc.umn.edu
Tue Dec 2 14:59:28 PST 1997

Sorry, should have put this in the last one, but just thought of it -
Possibly formic acid. The increased temperature would increas its rate of
reaction, but it boils at 100 degrees C. The only saving grce of this
theory is that I'm not sure what temperature your apples are cooked at, so
if it's low enough, that may be your culprit.

Kent "Why can't I remember useful stuff?" Zeigler