SC - desserts (was re: key lime pie and re: ladies and gentles)

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Dec 7 00:55:21 PST 1997

>I will be happy to post my version of Countess Talitha's Individual
>Hand-Rolled Baklava on two conditions:  One, if someone can affirm that
>baklava is period; and Two, if Talitha doesn't mind...   ;-)

I have never been able to find any evidence of baklava in period Islamic
cookbooks. There are many layered things sort of like filo, there are nuts,
there are pastries with melted butter, but so far as I can tell nothing
that really corresponds to the modern baklava.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/