SC - Pastilles Problem

Morgan morgan at mt.net
Sun Dec 7 21:05:03 PST 1997

	Dearest members:

	I have tried to make Apricot Pastilles from the many tales of Kitchen
Wench Whilda from Castle Gilliwick.  I played fast and loose with the
ingredients, and now fear I may have undone myself.  I cooked the apricot
puree,  with a 1:1 sugar ratio, added fresh ginger to it, and cooked it to
that fairly stiff ball stage, and poured in unto a jelly roll pan with wax
paper for a lining.  Now that the stuff has cooled, it is very leathery,
and I can't envision cutting the "leather" into squares without a fight.
Any suggestions??  I was hoping to use the stuff as house gifts for our
stay in Loch Salann for Solstice Court.   I gotta think of something before
Thursday . . .

	Thankyou ever so much!!
	Caointiarn