SC - re: omaha steaks anomaly

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Dec 10 16:57:49 PST 1997

Adamantius writes:

> I've just received a box of what appears to be Omaha Steaks. Probably
> shell steaks, to be exact. My brother-in-law sends them every year. What
> can I say?

<snip>

> My question is this: are they a product of genetic engineering in the
> beef industry? Do they just grow in the cows with the AOL disks built
> in?

> Any insights on this? I'm really perplexed.

Tch, tch, tch.  <shaking head slowly and wisely>  Adamantius, surely you've heard of America BoVine, the newest foray into convenience foods?

Goodness me, where to begin?

Simply plug the diskette into your computer, which should have the F.O.O.D. interface mechanism which connects it with your microwave.  Select the items you're interested in from the menu.  Give the machine three or four minutes to download, and presto!  Your synthetic meal will be completely, impersonally prepared, artificially heated, and waiting on institutional china in the microwave.

Heavens, doesn't everyone know about this?

	- kat (where the #@!! is that rock?)