SC - Drink suggestions?

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Dec 11 09:37:43 PST 1997

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 10-Dec-97 SC - Drink
suggestions? by jeffrey s heilveil at stude
> As I finalize the dessert feast, I find myself for want of period
> beverages.  Someone said "lemon water" but had no source.  If you would
> care to send me your favorites, I would appreciate it.  I need one or two
> hot and a few cold beverages.

This isn't period in any way shape or form, but does provide a
reasonable substitue for wine:

Mix:
1 for 1 red/purple and white frozen grape juice concentrate
add 2 cans of water for each can of juice
add red wine vinegar to taste. (one the order of 1 or 2 tbsp per can)

Essentially, the vinegar takes the cloyingly sweet edge off the grape
juice, and you end up with something that tastes similar to
de-alchoholized wine.

It's been well received when I've served it.

toodles, margaret