SC - novice requests - longish

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Mon Dec 15 20:20:39 PST 1997

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, kappler wrote:

> > Sorry, definitely pitched outside leg, probably going past the off stump.
> >
> HUNH???
It's a reference to cricket. A bowler or fieldr may appeal to either
umpire for a wicket (ie ask him to declare that the batsman is out). The
usual appeal is to ask "How was that", but most bowlers, especially of
the tearaway fast variety (something around 100 mph) shorten it to either
Howwazzeeee?!?!?!?! or HOWZAT!

> Thankyou milord, and please do look through/list you library.  I'm rarely
> serious, but am on these questions.  Margali, I may need a nochitter
> interpreter here.
My turn.        a what??

I will look at my books this evening.

Charles Ragnar (Now wondering how baseball batting averages are calculated)