SC - pie crusts--??

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Tue Dec 16 16:18:31 PST 1997

I am under the imnpression that this is the case. In the recipes in _to
the queen's taste_ (As I recall - it has been about a decade since I read it)
the instruction is to make a coffin. I have been told that the idea of
making pastry for eating (as opposed to putting food in and eating out
of) came from the middle east. I tend to make my pastry from flour salt
and water. Not very exciting, but fulfils all the requirements. A bit of
oil is not a bad idea, i suspect.

Charles Ragnar