SC - Repost: Welsh cookbook?

Suzanne Berry sberry at primavera.com
Wed Dec 17 09:42:35 PST 1997

Suzanne Berry
12/17/97 12:42 PM

Just checking again, folks, since at least one person mentioned
missing the post but for its title.  Please, has anyone heard of this
author or book?  -  Aislinn

12/10/97 12:51 PM
I've just received my new "Gael Force Imports" catalog, and they list
a book titled "First catch your peacock" by Bobby Freeman, subtitled
(her classic guide to Welsh food).  The blurb says:

   "Welsh food and customs through the centuries, from twelfth-century
   Welsh nobility to eighteenth century gentry; from farmer and
   fisherman to present-day aficianado of organic cheeses, wines, and
   waters.  Written in the author's entertaining, demystifying style,
   this book contains authentic, proven recipies with the cultural and
   social history of Wales."

Does anyone know anything about this?  While it would obviously end
outside our period, it *might* start within it...    maybe?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  -  Aislinn

SCA-Cooks".

======