SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #484

Karen Lyons-McGann dvkld.dev at mhs.unc.edu
Wed Dec 17 14:40:57 PST 1997

Conchobar says:
	Ok, I foolishly agreed to make a soup/stew for our event in March.

Me too!   It's the first time I've volunteered for such a thing.  The
title of the event is "Cossaks, Mongols & Huns" and I don't have to stick
to the theme, but it would be nice.  Anyone have an idea what Cossaks,
Mongols or Huns ate?  Or know of what book I should hunt down to start
finding out?   I was surprised at the number of Russian cookbooks at the
library, but most of the soups and stews listed had either potatoes or
tomatoes in them.  I know I can't document any of the other recipes, but
at least those I know couldn't be right and up until a week ago that
seemed like a pretty good start.

Anne