SC - bread, butter info

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Dec 17 12:21:11 PST 1997

Isabelle de Foix said:

Greeings, good gentles, I'm brand new to this list-server.  I am also
a cooking novice!  I'm mainly interested in bread-making, but I also
would like to learn how to make meat-pies. <snip>

. Anyway--does
anyone know how to make sourdough or clarified butter? I have two
bread recipes, and one calls for ghee and another one calls for
sourdough. Merci beaucoup!

- ------------
Greetings Isabelle,

Welcome to this list!

Now to bread info. Isabelle, I'm surprised at you. You keep
forgetting my Florilegium. sigh. :-)

Anyway, take a look at these files in the FOOD section:

bread-msg        (115K) 11/10/97    Medieval breads and grains.
dairy-prod-msg    (51K)  9/ 4/97    Dairy products. milk, butter, curds, cream.

I am working on a file on meat pies, but it's not in the collection, yet.
I know ghee has been mentioned on the Rialto and I think on this list too. I
believe there are directions in the dairy-prod-msg file.

My files are available at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous

(Isabelle, definitely knows of my files. There are several good non-food
articles she has sent me in the Florilegium)