SC - period apples

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Dec 18 11:11:30 PST 1997

At 8:20 AM -0800 12/18/97, Marisa Herzog wrote:
>                      RE>SC - period apples                        12/18/97
>
><snip>
>Pre 1650 Fruits
>Apples
>Calville Blanc D'Hiver (1627)
>Court Pendu Plat (16th centuryñpossibly Roman)
>Devonshire Quarendon (1690)
>Drap d'Or (=Coe's Golden Drop?)
>Lady Apple (1628)
>Old Nonpareil
>Pomme Royale
>Reinette Franche
>Roxbury Russett (Early 17th century)
>Scarlet Crofton
>Sops of Wine
>Summer Rambo (16th century)
>Winter Pearmain
>Fenouilette Gris
>Golden Reinette
><snip>
>
>I don't suppose that the "sops of wine" could be related to "wine sap" apples?

I don't think so. But you can still get the trees, and I suspect that
AppleSource carries the apples.

If any of you lives in Blacksburg, VA, I planted a sops of wine by the
basement door of 703 Hutchinson Ave. about twenty years ago; I don't know
if it is still there. One of my abandoned orchards.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/