SC - Bwokk! Bwokk!

Tyrca Tyrca at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 16:33:39 PST 1997

<< But I do have two chicken dishes: Lombardy brewet and
 >poached boneless chicken thighs in citrus sauce. So I guess I wimped out
 >too.
 >
 >Yers,
 >
 >Gunthar >>

No, I guess that it really doesn't bother me as much if I have other things to
spread the chicken out.  And your menu for 12th night is broad enough that I
could sample small amounts of chicken, and not really notice it.

I guess it is a cultural thing as much as anything.  When we were in
Drachenwald, we noticed that there was no such thing as a Nordmark (Swedish)
feast without fish.  Pickeled herring was a staple, and it was also very usual
that one of the coursews would some large fish, either roasted whole, or
prepared some other way.  And Beef was almost non-existant.  I suppose it is
the same thing.  In Sweden, beef is very expensive, and fish is not.  Here in
Oklahoma, Fish (unless it is farm-raised catfish) is hard to come by.

We can only do our best with what we have.

Tyrca