SC - plant grafting

Crystal A. Isaac crystal at pdr-is.com
Tue Dec 23 12:13:15 PST 1997

Mark.S Harris wrote:

> Anyone have any idea how old plant grafting is? Is it medieval?
> It does not seem to be a very obvious technique to me.

It's _way_ old. There's a greek myth about a woman who tended her
orchard in prefernece to paying attention to her suitors and it
specifically mentions grafting. Pliny's _Natural History_ also talks
about grafting both trees and vines, as does other husbandry manuals
both in both ancient and medieval times.

Crystal of the Westermark, AoA
(Crystal A. Isaac)