SC - Re:New Cookbook

Mon Dec 29 13:03:18 PST 1997

I believe the Sabban is a translation of  Yn-shan cheng-yao (Principles
of Correct Diet) by Hoshoi, date approximately 1330 CE.  It is a
treatise on food and its preparation with recipes.  I've never seen a
copy or a translation, so it is nice to know one exists.

I don't have a reference to the 11th century dictionary, but watch, I'll
run across a series of them in the next couple of weeks.

Bear