SC - well, since this seems to be a trend... (12th night menu)

kat kat at kagan.com
Mon Dec 29 13:37:49 PST 1997

Stefan comments:

> Kat gives as part of her Brunch menu:

>>        Cold roast Cornish game hens (don't know if they're period, but
>>                        can pretend they're partridge, or quail, or
>>                        some other prohibitively expensive bird...)

> How are you serving these? It looked like most of your foods were
> finger foods that could be eaten by browsing through a sideboard and
> didn't need a sit down area. But these look difficult. Unless they
> are already cut up? or at least cut in half?

Actually, it's a sit-down brunch for nine; and there will be one hen for each person.  (Caused me a great deal of consternation when my hubby unexpectedly brought home an 18.5-lb. "Xmas Bonus" turkey from work last week and I'd already filled the freezer with hens...  <g>)

The hens will be whole; but since it's not a buffet I don't think it will be a problem....

> Other than this, and the game hens if this can be solved, it looks
> like a wonderful side board/brunch.

Thanks very much for your commentary!  I really appreciate the input.

	- k