SC - Onion soup

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Dec 30 07:23:07 PST 1997

Phlip asked:
>French onion soup is another one I got burned out on at an early age, and I
>flat haven't been tempted lately by any of the versions I've seen. If
>anyone out there has what they feel is a really good recipe, send it and
>I'll try it, but most that I've seen lately has been over-salted and filled
>with garbage.

Phlip,

Here is a message from my soup-msg file which was originally posted to
this group a few months ago.

Like other medieval onion soups, it has a *white base* rather than one
of beef. I’ve had one that had a fair amount of wine in it, too. I
believe it was Baroness Clarissa’s. Clarissa, are you here?

Does anyone know of a medieval onion soup which used a meat broth?

Stefan li Rous