SC - Liber Cure Cocorum Follies, Part Deux

Richard Kappler II rkappler at home.com
Thu Jan 30 04:35:32 PST 1997

Adamantius said:
>then take them out and grind them; these people had a different
>technology from ours, but they definitely weren't stupid. It's stuff
>like this that never ceases to thrill me when I read it: there's
>something about solving problems that brings these long-gone cooks, to
>me, a sense of vital immediacy. They really are talking to us.
>
>Adamantius

I had an interesting conversation with my current S.O. this morning.  I've
been trying to get her interested in the SCA so that we could spend more of
the very limited time we have together.  I'm not pushing her mind you, just
comments like: "I'd like to go to meeting tonight, would you be interested",
or "The event I told you about is next Saturday and I have volunteered to
work the kitchens at least part of the day, but will have free time and
others you know will be there.  Were you thinking about going?" type stuff.

She asked me what it is about the SCA that fascinates me so, and what it is
that I enjoy so much about it.  I gave several reasons why I love what we
do, and had happened to read this post about 20 minutes before our
discussion and paraphrased it, presenting this idea to her as well.  No joy,
I guess she just doesn't get it/feel it. <sigh>

Thanks though, Master A, for so succinctly voicing this.  It helps me
reaffirm my own dedication.

regards, Puck