SC - measurements

Richard Kappler II rkappler at home.com
Thu Jan 30 12:24:19 PST 1997

I know we've discussed this in bits and pieces, but a search through the
Florilegium yielded no compilation of results, so a couple of us on the dist
list are researching a definitive compendium of weights and measures from
various time periods and places, and will attempt to put together a
conversion chart as well.  I would appreciate any data any of you fine
gentles have that may aid us in our quest.  For example, a week or so ago I
recall a post defining a 'sixth' and IIRC it related to a liquid measure.
If anyone remembers this post, I'd appreciate a reminder of the data, as
well as anything else along this line anyone might have.

regards, Puck