Re(2): SC - New listserver

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Thu Jul 10 11:41:25 PDT 1997

You wrote:

>                                                                     The
>  second is a rather nasty "allergy/sensitivity".  We are not sure what
>  causes it, since the doctor says it is unlikely a true "allergy" but
>  since it is something easily avoided we don't need to pursue it
>  further.  At one of my first events someone fed me a lovely beef stew
>  with wine in it.  I was sick for three days (migraines and vomiting
>  -- not worth it).

Tibor replied:

>This sounds like food poisoning to me, and could just as easily come from
>bad beef as bad wine or a sensitivity. (But I like the scientific
>method....)

Actually it sounds like a quintessential reacton to a migraine trigger.
Chances are that the stew had a red wine in it.  As was discussed weeks ago,
red wines are well-known migraine triggers.  Doctors are never sure whether to
classify this as an allergy or sensitivity (what's the difference?).

Derdriu