SC - Gold Leaf-A use

Anne-Marie Rousseau rousseau at scn.org
Fri Jul 11 01:19:26 PDT 1997

re: availability of edible gold leaf.
We got our for our banquet from Maid of Scandanavia, a cake decoratiing
company (neat catelog...like five kinds of wafer irons, and even cast
iron abelskivver pans. Wow! Three sizes of dragees! Gum Tragacanth! All
kinds of things).

It was about $35 for a book of 25 3 3/8x 3 3/8 inch leaves. This is 23
karat gold, adulterated only with pure silver. No copper. It is made in
Italy, especially for food use.

Contact info:
Sweet Celebrations (formally Maide of Scandanavia)
PO Box 39426
Edina, Minnesota, 55439-0426
1-800-328-6722

Veeeeeerrrrrrry dangerous catelog...

Oh, and I found 24 karat gold leaf at art supplies too, but don't know as
it has been hdnled properly for food use. In fact, the people a the
counter looked at me like I was crazy...

It was a PAIN to use, but definatly worth the effort. And yes, you can
use this same stuff for manuscript illumination, gilding furnture,e tc.

- --Anne-Marie

- --
Anne-Marie Rousseau
rousseau at scn.org
Seattle, Washington
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.