SC - sulfa and sulfites

Carla S. Tucker tuckers323 at juno.com
Fri Jul 11 21:49:55 PDT 1997

Melissa Martines wrote:

>      Is beer cheese soup period?  I haven't found any sources for it, but
>      is sure is served a lot in upper Meridies.  If it is, can you cite
>      source?
>
>      Thanks.
>
>      Morgan

I have a vague recollection of one of those unreliable culinary
anecdotes, featuring Landsknechts and Swiss soldiers meeting on some
imaginary borderline to parley. Seems one group had bread and beer (or
wine, depending on who you talk to), and the other had some cheese. They
apparently collaborated on a meal of fondue...

Probably about as much basis in fact as the one about Marco Polo and the
noodles, but what they hey.

Adamantius
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.