SC - OOOPS Okay...You Guys Are TOOOO Nice!!

Dguptill@aol.com Dguptill at aol.com
Mon Jul 14 08:06:03 PDT 1997

lwperkins wrote:

> Aislinn wrote regarding dried cherries....
>  "I have been making them as
> > Pennsic snack food since cherries have been on sale frequently this
> year"...
> And I have to ask: how do you dry cherries so they don't mold first? Low
> oven?.....

A low oven will do it if it's low enough: ideally it needs to be set for
150-175 degrees F. Other options include a food dehydrator, and Mr.
Golden Sun, in appropriate weather/humidity. You can make a wooden frame
and stretch window screen stuff (the nylon stuff is good because it's
non-reactive) over it.

It's also a good idea to pit them, if you want to, AFTER drying. The
idea is that the juice remains in the cherry while drying, and the extra
sugar and flavor aren't lost.

Adamantius
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.