SC - wine and sulphites

Nick Sasso (fra niccolo) grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 14 10:37:25 PDT 1997

> From Erin.Kenny at sofkin.ca Mon Jul 14 11:53:14 1997
> Comments: Authenticated sender is <ekenny at crc.sofkin.ca>
> From: Erin Kenny <Erin.Kenny at sofkin.ca>
> To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:51:58 +0000
> I have been to a feast where
> EVERY meat dish, the bread, and many of the veggie dishes were
> prepared with some form of alcohol.
>
> If you think I'm being severe, I did call ahead to ask whether or not
> there would be enough for me to eat.  I explained that I could not
> have any form of alcohol, cooked in or not, and was told that there
> would be plenty.  I paid my $9 and went home very hungry and more
> than a little cranky (I could have brought my own food if they'd
> answered me honestly).

This is called the "Stupid/Rude Cook Syndrome".  I would hope the Cook or Steward was
told about the situation and you were granted a refund.  Although I have found some who
just didn't care about the people they hosted.  There have been several feasts where I've
paid full price, helped in the kitchen, served feasts and not gotten anything to eat.  I
was informed that I could help myself to whatever came back.  Let's stamp out stupidity in
our time.  Remember, that nobody you P.O. today could be Royalty tommorrow.

> Claricia Nyetgale

Yers,

Gunthar
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.