SC - Worchestershire Sauce

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Mon Jul 14 13:32:14 PDT 1997

<<  I
 sometimes feel a little insensitive but my feeling is that if I publish a
list of
 the courses ahead of time and a list of ingredients at the event, as well as

 making allowances for people that call asking about ingredients, I'm doing
my part
 for the food allergies, religious prohibitions, and moral discretions.  >>

I agree wholeheartedly! At Will's, on-board was limited to 160 persons. Only
one person asked about a possible allergy. Out of 16 dishes, only one had
that substance in it.

Each of the 4 courses contained a meat dish and 3-4 vegetarian dishes.
Because one person expressed an allergy to pepper far enough in advance, I
carefully chose only recipes that never contained pepper in the first place.
:-)

Mostly, IMHO, a cook can and should only make a list of the ingredients
available and/or recipes for feast goers and should not be expected to
produce special foods. If there are 160 persons eating and one is allergic to
wine or mushrooms, I don't think it appropriate for that person to expect
everyone else to live with their particular allergy, especially when there is
a variety of dishes to choose from. That is the secret, variety .

Lord Ras
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.